There will come a time when it will seem odd to single out women as a separate population in the business world. But today — even with the tremendous advances in opportunity, from funding to operation, over the past few decades — we’re still on that road to universal parity. So here, recognizing that, often, women are still pioneering, we celebrate the success of women in business in our community.
In this issue, we honor 14 Women of Achievement. Each has been selected by our editorial staff based on her involvement in our business community, her connection to doing good for our community and having demonstrated great success in business. Each is a woman of achievement in very different ways and, together, bring great awareness to achievement as women in business.
On the following pages, we present profiles of our honorees in which they share their stories in their own words. And they will share the spotlight again at our Women of Achievement luncheon on Oct. 24 at the Sheraton Downtown Phoenix. We also honor Cindy McCain, this month’s Guest Editor, as this year’s recipient of the Linda M. Herold Lifetime Achievement Award.
Please meet our 2019 Women of Achievement.
- Cindy Hensley McCain, Chairman, Hensley Beverage Co. – Lifetime Achievement Award
- Lauren Bailey, CEO & Co-Founder, Upward Projects
- Debbie Castaldo, Executive Director, D-Backs Foundation, Arizona Diamondbacks
- Katherine Cecala, President, Junior Achievement of Arizona – Nonprofit
- Letitia Frye, Auctiontainer & Author, Letitia Frye Company
- Kate Gallego, Mayor, City of Phoenix
- Anita Helt, Vice President & General Manager, ABC 15 KNXV
- Amy Hillman, Dean, W. P. Carey School of Business
- Pam Kehaly, CEO, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona
- Dr. Joel P. Martin, President, Triad West
- Christy McClendon, President & CEO, New Pathways for Youth – Nonprofit
- Linda “Mac” Perlich, CEO & Publisher, ON Media
- Bahar A. Schippel, Partner, Snell & Wilmer LLP
- Candace Wiest, President & CEO, West Valley National Bank
- Sandra Wilken, Founder & President, Sandra Wilken Properties