Recently, we were honored to speak with Teresa Martín-Retortillo, executive president of executive education at IE Business School, a member University based in Madrid and expanding around the world. It was a WOW! I hope you get the chance to see it on our site.
The discussion was based on the book The 100 Year Life: Living and Working in an Age of Longevity by Lynda Gratton & Andrew Scott. The basis of our discussion was that with people living longer, there are significant implications for managing your career and life differently.
- Did you know that a person born in 1987 has a 50-percent chance of living to 101 years old?
- That the average tenure for an executive in a given position is down to four years?
- That being a “centaur” and knowing your Adaptive Quotient (AQ) is critical to success?
- How can any of us have more impact to make a difference at work and in our lives?
- How can we leave behind the legacy we want, considering the elongated career?
- How do new career models impact the way we network, connect and get educated?
Martín-Retortillo explains what the implications are of people living longer, and how you can make career adjustments to better take advantage of new opportunities. This new reality impacts your financial well-being throughout your life, what positions are likely best for you along the way, and what training and executive education will be best to meet your goals through life.
IE University strives to provide the very best training in management and business consultancy. It is for this reason that they created the “IE Experience,” sharing the real-life experience of an entrepreneurial and innovative school, making a real difference in the lives of students and professionals and executives in their programs. We encourage you to understand and leverage the IE Experience to advance your success.
The IE Business School Executive Education mission is to provide tools to professionals with a lifelong learning mindset who seek growth at every stage of their careers. Their educational experiences are tailored to the needs of self-motivated individuals as they build the skills necessary to adapt to and thrive in an ever-evolving global landscape. Reach out to learn more.
Doug Bruhnke is the founder and CEO of Global Chamber®.