Arizona is home to more than 20,000 nonprofits providing services we rely on every day. Our nonprofits create safe places to learn, live and fulfill dreams. They enrich our lives through arts and culture, and protect our natural wonders, cultural heritage and human dignity.
In order to strengthen and sustain Arizona’s nonprofit community, Arizona Gives Day, a statewide 24-hour online fundraising event for Arizona’s nonprofit community, was created in 2013. The program connects causes to supporters in order to enrich and empower Arizona and begin building a spirit of philanthropy among citizens. To date, the program has raised more than $7.4 million for nonprofits statewide.
The program was created by the Alliance of Arizona Nonprofits and Arizona Grantmakers Forum as a way to create awareness; connect the public and businesses; and increase financial support for these important, and often critical, organizations.
Here are a few ways your business can get involved, build a spirit of philanthropy in our state, and ensure a successful future for Arizona’s nonprofit sector and Arizona Gives Day 2017:
- Like and share posts on Facebook (Arizona Gives Day) and Twitter (@azgives).
- Encourage employees and customers to participate, through your company’s e-newsletter, website, social media and email marketing.
- Donate advertising space (digital, print, broadcast, outdoor) for Arizona Gives Day.
- Provide a “matching” campaign gift for a participating nonprofit.
- Provide a donation to support Arizona Gives Day’s program and marketing costs.
- Provide a donation to increase the nonprofit incentive prize pool.
- Offer a discount on your products or services to customers who show a receipt confirming they gave on Arizona Gives Day.
- Host a party or event and encourage your attendees to give.