The Thanksgiving holiday is a great opportunity for small businesses to try to stand out. Daily advertisements remind us of the changing season, and creating awareness during this holiday will require some creative thinking. As the holiday fast approaches, it is time to start planning your marketing campaign to bring you the most customers during the season and beyond.
Your Thanksgiving marketing campaign can include many things, such as events, newsletters and social media posts, to get your customer excited about your deal offers. In fact, every holiday season is a great time to create holiday theme-related content and dust off your website to drive new traffic. Take a moment to review the following five ways you can boost your sales during the Thanksgiving holiday season.
- Get involved in community giving. Thanksgiving is the holiday to show thanks and one of the best ways to do that is by involving your small business in community giving. Now, more than ever, small businesses can play a key role in helping advance community efforts in their area. Consider volunteering or fundraising for a special cause that matters most to you and your customer.
- Integrate your product into the holiday. Update your content and branding style to match the current season. If you sell a product, post pictures with autumn themes. If you sell a service, update your colors or branding imagery to festive ideas. Use this throughout your website, your social media profiles and newsletters.
- Offer a loyalty discount. You probably track your most loyal customers. You might have a frequent shopper program in place or simply know your customers by name. Host a special shopping event for the customers who contribute the most to your success. If you have your email list segmented using your loyalty program, you can send a special “thank you” offer for your top-tier clients.
- Gift your customers with a Thanksgiving giveaway. If a discount is not your style, try a raffle giveaway to promote your Thanksgiving deals. Giveaways are another exciting way to showcase your small business creativity during the holidays. At a minimum, it will keep your customer curious for more.
- Host an in-person or online event to thank your customers. Hosting a special event for your best customers helps make your holiday offers more credible, and it can encourage others to shop more often and move up tiers with you. It is also the perfect way to thank your best customers for their support. If you are planning an in-person event, remember to follow CDC protocols.
Mix up your marketing strategies and tease your deals to get your customers excited for Thanksgiving weekend and through the coming holidays. Remember, saying thanks is important to boost loyalty and your sales, but do it authentically. Also, consider building an annual budget and keeping track of your marketing strategies year after year. Financial incentives like giveaways and discounts go a long way to excite your customer during the holidays.
EDGAR RAFAEL OLIVO is a bilingual business educator, economic advisor, and contributor for several media outlets. He’s a nonprofit executive who is passionate about education. He is certified in finance and data analytics and holds a business degree from Arizona State University.
Para la versión en español de este artículo, haga clic aquí.