Sales are the foundational activity of any business. Sales can be business to business or business to consumer. Every small business must know how to develop its sales over time. To develop a small business’s sales, the business must practice these skills regularly and include their team in the process as well. The revenues of your business depend on these skills.
Here are five strategies to help increase your sales in your small business:
- Be the expert of your product or service. Customers are looking for expertise in what you sell. This helps them increase confidence with their purchases with you.
- Exceed your customer’s expectations. Customers want to feel appreciated. An easy way to do that is by going beyond what they expect, like offering a special discount with another purchase.
- Develop good communication channels for your customers. Nowadays, customers want to be able to communicate with you across your social media channels, telephone and email.
- Follow up with your customers. Find out if your customers are happy with their purchase. This is valuable feedback for your business.
- Learn how to solve your customers’ problems. You want to always be the solution to their problem. Make sure you are listening to their needs.
The world is changing fast and the market has become much busier with many options for customers. The key to success is to always establish a solid relationship with your customer and practice compassionate selling. We need more kindness in the world.
EDGAR RAFAEL OLIVO is a bilingual business educator, economic advisor, and contributor for several media outlets. He’s a nonprofit executive who is passionate about education. He is certified in finance and data analytics and holds a business degree from Arizona State University.
Para la versión en español de este artículo, haga clic aquí.
Speak Your Mind
You must be logged in to post a comment.