Hopefully, by now you’ve heard of Arizona Gives Day, a statewide online giving event to benefit nonprofits managed by the Alliance of Arizona Nonprofits + Arizona Grantmakers Forum. Arizona Gives Day is approaching its 11th anniversary on Tuesday, April 4. The first ten years have raised more than $36.4 million for thousands of Arizona nonprofits.
These funds are critical to Arizona’s nonprofits and the communities in which we live. Besides asking if you consider donating personally, we’d like to share a few ways your business can partner on the day (April 4) and help make Arizona communities better by supporting the amazing work our nonprofits are doing.
- Create a Fundraiser Page (or Pages)
- Find one, two or more nonprofits your business may want to support and create a fundraiser page for each.
- Make it a team event on April 4 (Arizona Gives Day) and have some fun with it.
- Your business could even consider matching donations up to a certain amount, too.
- Communications: Remind Your Customers and/or Staff to Give on AZGives.org on April 4
- Reminding and encouraging others to give back provides a platform for your business to share why it’s important to you and our community.
- Tip: We have a toolkit with graphics you can utilize as well.
- Provide a “Matching” Gift to a Nonprofit
- Choose a nonprofit (or two) you’d like to provide funds for before March 13.
- Reach out and let them know the amount you’d like to provide. They can then use this matching gift to encourage others to give and “match” your donation dollar for dollar.
- Support the Alliance + Arizona Grantmakers with running the statewide program.
- Become a sponsor and receive some branding recognition while supporting our outreach efforts to encourage philanthropy.
- Donate your prepaid advertising as an in-kind donation to help us spread the word.
We’d love to have you join us in any way you choose to participate. If you have any questions, please reach out to us through our website www.arizonanonprofits.org.
Speak Your Mind
You must be logged in to post a comment.