Many hard-fought gains for women in the business world were suspended, if not actually lost, through the COVID-19 pandemic. But we recognize the strengths women bring to the business world, which are proven in studies of businesses’ success in all segments of the economy. We have many strong and talented women in our community who may eschew the spotlight for themselves to shine it instead on their team or their cause, and we at In Business Magazine are pleased to turn that spotlight on them as we celebrate the success of women in business in our community.
This issue presents our 2022 Women of Achievement — 14 women who have each proven her involvement in our business community and her connection to doing good for our community while demonstrating leadership in achieving success in business. Bringing their diverse backgrounds and strengths, they help bind and support the greater community, attesting to the collective achievement of women in business.
To honor and celebrate these women, we present on the following pages profiles of our honorees, in which they share their stories in their own words so that we can get to know them. And they will share the spotlight at our Women of Achievement luncheon event on Oct. 7, when we will come together to celebrate them. We also honor Mary Jane Rynd, this month’s Guest Editor, as this year’s recipient of the Linda M. Herold Lifetime Achievement Award.
Please meet our 2022 Women of Achievement.
- Rachel Aja, Southwest Region Government Affairs Director, Cox Communications
- Patricia Garcia Duarte, Executive Vice President, Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
- Kathleen Duffy, President and CEO, Duffy Group, Inc.
- Debbie Esparza, CEO, YWCA Metropolitan Phoenix
- Jackie Halleen, President, Goodwill of Central and Northern Arizona
- Sheila Kloefkorn, CEO and President, KEO Marketing Inc.
- Jordan Rose, Founder and President, Rose Law Group PC
- Kim Ryder, President, Thrive Real Estate Group and Thrive Development Group
- Marsha Petrie Sue, President & CEO, Communicating Results, Inc.
- Leanna Taylor, CEO, The Arizona Pet Project
- Cathleen Walker, Regional President, Phoenix/Northern Arizona, PNC Bank
- Dionne Xavier Washington, Co-Founder & Executive Director, Project Roots AZ
- Christine Wilkinson, Senior Vice President & Secretary, Arizona State University
- Susan Wissink, Director, Fennemore Craig, P.C.
Linda M. Herold Lifetime Achievement Award