Arizona is home to more than 20,000 nonprofits that provide services we rely on every day. Our nonprofits create safe places to learn, live and fulfill dreams. They enrich our lives through art and culture, and protect our natural wonders, cultural heritage and human dignity.
Arizona Gives Day was created to both strengthen and sustain Arizona’s nonprofit community. The 24-hour marathon of giving raises awareness, connects the public with local businesses and increases financial support for important — and often critical — organizations. More than 72 percent of Arizona’s nonprofit revenue is generated by earned revenue, fees for services and government contracts — not from philanthropic contributions, which is why your involvement is so important!
It’s also important to remember nonprofits are more than “charities.” Collectively, Arizona’s nonprofits are a powerful, economic engine that:
- Employ more than 150,000 workers (the fifth-largest non-government employer in the state),
- Generate more than $28 billion in revenue annually, on par with what is generated by the construction sector in the state, and
- Generate more than 8 percent of the Arizona’s Gross State Product.
We need all Arizonans to understand that their philanthropic donations make our economy stronger. Below are some ways that your business can get involved, build a spirit of philanthropy in our state, and ensure a successful future for Arizona’s nonprofit sector and Arizona Gives Day 2019!
- Sponsor Arizona Gives Day, which assists the program with its efforts to encourage more people to give back to their community.
- Provide a donation to increase the nonprofit incentive prize pool.
- Donate your advertising (digital, print, radio, TV, outdoor) or specify an ad for Arizona Gives Day. (Creative available by AAN upon request.)
- Prominently display Arizona Gives Day on your outdoor reader or public space between March 19 to April 2. (Logo available upon request.)
- Like us on Facebook (Arizona Gives Day) and share osts about Arizona Gives Day 2019 before and on April 2.
- Follow us on Twitter (@azgives) and share posts about Arizona Gives Day 2019 before and on April 2.
Employee Giving and Communication
- Create an Employee Giving Page for your business. Explain your organization’s commitment to philanthropy on your custom page and encourage employees to give. Your employee-giving total could win you one of six opportunities to give away a cash prize to a participating nonprofit of your choice.
- Encourage your employees and/or customers to participate, through your e-newsletter, website, social media and email marketing between March 4 and April 2.
Posters and Handouts
- Display posters in your store or workplace to drive awareness between March 4 and April 2.
- Distribute handouts in customer shopping bags between March 4 and April 2.
- Provide a “matching” campaign gift of some amount for a participating nonprofit.
- If you have a matching gifts program, encourage your employees to submit their Arizona Gives Day receipt after April 2 to increase their impact.
Discounts and Donations
- Offer a discount on your products or services to customers who show a receipt confirming they gave to a nonprofit on AZGives.org.
- Host a party or event and encourage your attendees to give. Donors can give via phone or schedule their online gifts in advance.
- Adopt a participating nonprofit for your organization to give to. Create a group Fundraising Page for a specific organization on AZGives.org.
About Arizona Gives Day
Arizona Gives Day is a statewide 24-hour online fundraising event for Arizona’s nonprofit community. The event was started in 2013 to connect causes and supporters in order to enrich and empower Arizona and begin building a spirit of philanthropy among citizens.
Arizona Gives Day helps raise awareness about Arizona nonprofits and the critical role they play in our communities and state. The program is run by the Alliance of Arizona Nonprofits and Arizona Grantmakers Forum. Since its inception, Arizona Gives Day has raised more than $13.4 million for nonprofits statewide.
Join in creating a successful Arizona Gives Day 2019 and strengthening Arizona’s nonprofit community.