The Chandler Chamber of Commerce, via a contract with the City of Chandler, will distribute I Choose Chandler PPE (personal protective equipment) Kits to Chandler businesses who qualify for the program, launching mid-October.
The Chandler City Council authorized the use of $500,000 of Arizona Cares Act funding for the purchase and distribution of personal protective equipment (PPE) to chandler businesses in furtherance of protecting the public health during the current emergency.
“Protecting public health has been Council’s top priority throughout the pandemic,” said Chandler Mayor Kevin Hartke. “The I Choose Chandler PPE Kit Program is another way the City continues to create innovative programs to keep employees and patrons safe, while providing much needed assistance to our business community.”
The Chandler Chamber of Commerce has been supporting businesses and the community by providing vital programs and services, helping the business community move forward during the COVID-19 pandemic. During the past nine months, the Chandler Chamber has navigated hurdles of all types, advocated for the Chandler business community and kept them abreast of resources and available funding. In an effort to further assist Chandler’s businesses, the Chandler Chamber will be distributing the equipment to local businesses who qualify for the kits.
Terri Kimble, President/CEO of the Chandler Chamber said, “This is a great way to make sure our local businesses have the tools necessary to keep employees and clients within safety guidelines, ensuring a path forward to carry out business as usual. The kits are on a first-come, first-serve basis and will be available until supplies are gone.”
The PPE Kit consists of the following:
- Two (2) boxes of 50 each 3-Ply Non-Medical Face Mask with Ear-Loop
- One (1) Automatic Dispenser White Stand
- One (1) Hand Sanitizer, 1 Gallon
Chandler businesses must meet the following criteria to be eligible for a PPE Kit:
- Be a registered business with the City of Chandler
- Have 100 or less employees
- The following are excluded from qualifying: Non-Profits, home based businesses, vacation rentals, rentals of commercial property, internet based businesses, kiosks or vending businesses, car service provider (i.e. Uber, Lyft, other taxi service)
How to apply for the PPE Kit:
- Visit http://bit.ly/PPEChandler
- Click on the link to download the application
- After completing the application email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Once the information on the application is verified, the business will be contacted with a date and time
to pick up the PPE Kit. One PPE Kit per company will be issued.
The award-winning Chandler Chamber of Commerce is dedicated to promoting regional economic growth, advancing business-friendly public policies and supporting our members through outstanding programs, benefits and services. The Chamber represents over 170,000 employees and is the third largest Chamber in the State of Arizona.