Women are in more prominent leadership roles than ever before, with the first woman in the White House as an elected officer — Vice President of the United States. The strengths they bring to the business world are proven in studies of businesses’ success in all segments of the economy. With such women in our community often eschewing the spotlight for themselves to, rather, shine it on their team or their cause, we at In Business Magazine are pleased to turn that spotlight on them as we celebrate the success of women in business in our community.
This issue presents our 2021 Women of Achievement — 14 women who have each proven her involvement in our business community and her connection to doing good for our community while demonstrating leadership in achieving success in business. Bringing their diverse backgrounds and strengths, they help bind and support the greater community, attesting to the collective achievement of women in business.
To honor and celebrate these women, we present on the following pages profiles of our honorees, in which they share their stories in their own words so that we can get to know them. And they will share the spotlight at our Women of Achievement luncheon event on Oct. 8, when we will once again come together in person. We also honor Linda S. Hunt, this month’s Guest Editor, as this year’s recipient of the Linda M. Herold Lifetime Achievement Award.
Please meet our 2021 Women of Achievement:
- Heather Carter, Executive Vice President, Greater Phoenix Leadership
- Lin Sue Cooney, Director of Community Engagement, Hospice of the Valley – Nonprofit
- Roopali Desai, Partner, Coppersmith Brockelman PLC
- Kristin Atwell Ford, Director and Producer, Quantum Leap Productions; Owner and Producer, Watershed Films
- Arjelia Gomez, President and CEO, Open Hearts Family Wellness – Nonprofit
- Diana Gregory, President and CEO, Diana Gregory Outreach Services – Nonprofit
- Heidi Jannenga, PT, DPT, ATC, Co-Founder and Chief Clinical Officer, WebPT; Founder, Rizing Tide Foundation
- Brenda M. LaTowsky, MD, Clear Dermatology and Aesthetics Center
- Cionne McCarthy, Owner, Cionne McCarthy PC, Russ Lyon Sotheby’s International Realty
- Julia Meyerson, Founder and Executive Director, Vista College Prep – Nonprofit
- Julia Patrick, Founder and CEO, American Nonprofit Academy
- Paige Rothermel, Chief Operating Officer, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona
- Trish Stark, Managing Partner, First Western Trust
- Kelly Zitlow, Owner, Kelly Zitlow Group, Cornerstone Home Lending
Linda M. Herold Lifetime Achievement Award