Larry H. Miller Dealerships has officially wrapped its second annual “10 Days of Giving” campaign, in which the group donated nearly $75,000 to 10 charities over 10 days. Aimed at spreading cheer to deserving Metro Phoenix and Tucson charities, the campaign wrapped up with a $5,000 donation to Scottsdale-based HopeKids on January 8. The funds were distributed through Larry H. Miller Charities, the charitable arm of the dealership group, which is largely made up of employee contributions.
“Giving back in the community is a guiding principle of Larry H. Miller Dealerships, and we’re excited to be able to continue ‘10 Days of Giving’ for a second year,” said Pat Kroneberger, senior vice president of Larry H. Miller Dealerships. “It is a privilege to donate to these deserving organizations and celebrate all they do.”
Larry H. Miller Charities disburses charitable donations through a grant program primarily focused on charities that serve women and children, with an emphasis on health and education.
Larry H. Miller Dealerships “10 Days of Giving” provided donations to the following organizations:
- Operation Outreach-USA (Avondale) – This donation will fund the purchase of books and teaching aids for students in first through third grade at Lattie Coor Elementary School in Avondale.
- Childhelp (South Phoenix) – The donation to Childhelp will assist with implementation of a child abuse prevention education program in the Roosevelt Elementary School District.
- Society of St. Vincent de Paul (Valley-wide) – Funding for St. Vincent de Paul will support a program that provides evening meals to low-income families. Families eat together, and afterwards, the children participate in educational activities while parents receive access to social services and support.
- Phoenix Children’s Hospital (Phoenix) – The donation to Phoenix Children’s Hospital will support three separate programs which address children’s issues in the areas of safe sleep, bicycle/pedestrian safety and car seat safety.
- Arizona Friends of Foster Children Foundation (Phoenix) – This donation will provide scholarships that enable children in foster care to participate in athletic, educational and social activities.
- HopeKids (Scottsdale) – HopeKids provides activities free of charge to families who have a child experiencing a life-threatening or serious illness. This donation will go towards funding activities such as a movie day, bowling and laser tag.
- Act-1 Academy of Performing Arts (Tucson) – Funding from Larry H. Miller Charities will help school-aged children attend fine arts educational field trips in the community.
- Literacy Connects/Reading Seed (Tucson) – This contribution will provide 20 children with one-on-one volunteer reading coaches for one school year.
- Muscular Dystrophy Association (Tucson) – Funding to the MDA will allow children with neuromuscular disease to attend summer camp at Whispering Hope Ranch, including providing for a companion for each child, medical care, lodging, food, transportation, outdoor enrichment activities, etc.
- Wings for Women (Tucson) – The donation will support a holiday program that provides women and children in need with items such as clothing, shoes, food for a holiday meal and hygienic items.
Larry H. Miller Dealerships operates 54 dealership locations under 20 automotive brands in seven western states. The group employs more than 1,100 individuals at 13 Arizona locations, including nine in Phoenix and four in Tucson. LHM Dealerships opened its first Arizona location in 1980, and currently owns Hyundai, Nissan, Toyota-Scion, Chrysler Jeep, Dodge Ram, Fiat, Alfa Romeo and Volkswagen stores in the state.
Larry H. Miller Dealerships has a strong legacy of giving back to communities where it does business. Through its charitable organization, Larry H. Miller Charities, more than $800,000 has been donated to qualified nonprofit organizations throughout Arizona. Beneficiaries include the Ronald McDonald House, Phoenix Children’s Hospital, The Maricopa Pediatric Foundation, Special Olympics Arizona, Muscular Dystrophy Association, St. Vincent de Paul, and more.