One of the key measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19 is social distancing, which for many organizations means encouraging — or instructing — staff to work from home. But moving at short notice from a trusted office environment to working remotely can create security risks.
Cybersecurity Tips for Remote Workers
- Be suspicious of any emails asking people to check or renew their passwords and login credentials.
- Be suspicious of emails from people you don’t know.
- Ensure your Wi-Fi connection is secure.
- Ensure anti-virus is in place and fully updated.
- Lock your screen if you work in a shared space.
- Check if you have encryption tools installed.
Mark Gilroy is CEO of Fornetix (www.fornetix.com).