Grand Canyon Resort Corporation announced today extensive new health and safety standards and protocols, as it prepares to reopen Grand Canyon West on June 1, 2020.
Grand Canyon West has enhanced its health and cleanliness standards and protocols to provide the most safe and secure environment possible for both its team members and guests. Highlights of the new standards and protocols include:
- When guests arrive at the parking lot at Grand Canyon West, the security team will conduct noninvasive no touch temperature checks with temporal thermometers and gather contact information.
- Guests must practice physical distancing by staying at least 6 feet away from other groups of people not traveling with them while standing in lines, using elevators or exploring the grounds of Grand Canyon West. Restaurant tables, gift shops and other physical layouts will be arranged to ensure appropriate distancing.
- Wherever a line may form, guests will find clearly marked floor measurements to ensure physical distancing. Electronic and standard signs will be used for further communication.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers will be placed at key entrances and contact areas such as ticket terminals, Skywalk entrance, restaurant entrances, Hualapai Ranch and Hualapai Lodge reception desks, guest rooms and gift shops.
- Guests will find health and hygiene reminders throughout the property with instructions on how to properly wear, handle and dispose of masks.
- All resort outlets and restaurants will comply with or exceed, local or state-mandated occupancy limits. Restaurants are open with reduced seating capacities to allow for a minimum of 6 feet between each seated group or party of guests.
- Employees will be tested for COVID-19 prior to opening.
“We are extremely excited to welcome back guests to our destination. When our guests visit Grand Canyon West, we want them to know that their health and safety is our first priority,” said GCRC CEO, Colin McBeath. “We also want our team members to know that these changes will help safeguard their health and safety as well.”
Grand Canyon West will be reopening in phases. First to reopen will be the world-famous Skywalk, Eagle Point, and Guano Point on June 1, 2020. Reopening dates for Hualapai Ranch and cabins, Sky View Restaurant, Hualapai River Runners, and pontoon operations will be announced at a later date.
The Grand Canyon Resort Corporation is a wholly owned enterprise of the Hualapai Tribe. The corporation’s properties include Grand Canyon West, the Grand Canyon Skywalk, Hualapai River Runners, the Zipline at Grand Canyon West, the Hualapai Lodge, and the Walapai Market.