Sonora Quest Laboratories, the market share leader in diagnostic laboratory testing in Arizona, has announced expansions to its COVID-19 diagnostic testing and services. Patients are now able to utilize their local Patient Service Center for the collection of COVID-19 samples. Services are provided carside and inside select Sonora Quest locations. Patients are now also able to order their own COVID-19 diagnostic testing through My Lab ReQuestTM.
As Arizona experiences another surge in COVID-19 cases and the demand for testing continues, Sonora Quest is proud to offer more than 1,000 COVID-19 collection appointments per day (Monday – Friday) for patients with or without a lab order. This expansion in collection options provides patients with convenient access to obtain the answers they need, whether they have symptoms of COVID-19 or need testing for travel, work, or peace of mind.
Appointments are highly recommended. Here’s how to take advantage of Sonora Quest’s new COVID-19 testing services:
- Patients with COVID-19 symptoms and/or recent exposure to COVID-19, with or without a healthcare provider’s order for testing:
- If you have an order from your healthcare provider, visit SonoraQuest.com/Appointments to schedule a “COVID-19 – Symptoms/Exposure (Carside)” appointment for a carside COVID-19 testing service in the safety of your own vehicle. Appointments are required for carside testing.
- If you don’t have a healthcare provider’s order for testing, complete a COVID-19 Symptomatic Testing order form available at SonoraQuest.com/OrderCovid and follow the steps on that same page to schedule a “COVID-19 – Symptoms/Exposure (Carside)” appointment.
- There are no out-of-pocket costs and Sonora Quest will bill your insurance if provided or, if uninsured, AHCCCS or the Department of Health and Human Services.
- Patients without COVID-19 symptoms or exposure who wish to confirm a negative result for travel, return to work/school, etc., with or without a healthcare provider’s order for testing:
- If you have an order from your healthcare provider, visit SonoraQuest.com/Appointments to schedule a “COVID-19 – (No Symptoms – Confirm Negative Status)” appointment inside a participating Sonora Quest Patient Service Center for an observed nasal swab self-collection. Appointments are highly recommended for this testing.
- If you don’t have a healthcare provider’s order for testing, complete a COVID-19 Non-Symptomatic Testing order form available at SonoraQuest.com/OrderCovid and follow the steps on that same page to schedule a “COVID-19 – (No Symptoms – Confirm Negative Status)” appointment.
- This asymptomatic/exposure-free self-ordered option is not covered by insurance or the government; a payment of $115 will be collected at the time of service.
“We are excited to expand our COVID-19 diagnostic test offerings. These safe and convenient options provide additional access to timely and accurate results during these uncertain times,” said Chief Growth Officer Christina Noble. “We are working to make carside collections available at additional locations and are continuing to explore more options for sample collection in the near future. As always, our priority remains the health and safety of our employees, patients, and the communities we serve.”
- No need to wait for a results call: Patients can register for the patient results portal on the Sonora Quest website to see their results as soon as they become available.
- For additional details on self-ordered COVID-19 testing through My Lab ReQuest and sample collection locations: SonoraQuest.com/OrderCovid
- To schedule any appointment at a Sonora Quest Patient Services Center, visit SonoraQuest.com/Appointments
- Patients without a healthcare provider’s order can access the order forms at: SonoraQuest.com/OrderCovid
- For more information about Sonora Quest’s COVID-19 efforts: SonoraQuest.com/CovidMedia
Sonora Quest is the leader in infectious disease testing services in Arizona with a broad menu of molecular, antibody, and other test services to aid in diagnosis, treatment, and monitoring. On March 20, 2020, the company introduced the gold standard molecular test allowing for the detection of nucleic acid in respiratory specimens of patients meeting CDC’s clinical criteria for COVID-19 testing. Molecular tests for COVID-19 are generally used to aid in diagnosis during active disease. Sonora Quest has performed and reported results of more than 1 million diagnostic COVID-19 tests for Arizonans. Ramping up its fight against COVID-19, Sonora Quest began offering antibody testing for COVID-19 using blood specimens on April 24, with a physician’s order. That was quickly followed by a direct-to-consumer offering through their My Lab ReQuest™ solution starting May 8, giving patients the ability to order the antibody test without a doctor’s order or insurance.
Sonora Quest Laboratories, a joint venture between Banner Health and Quest Diagnostics (NYSE: DGX), is part of the nation’s largest integrated laboratory system with approximately 3,500 employees serving more than 26,000 patients every day throughout Arizona. Sonora Quest Laboratories is the market share leader in clinical laboratory testing in Arizona, performing nearly 90 million diagnostic tests per year. Sonora Quest Laboratories offers a local comprehensive test menu which encompasses routine, molecular, prescription drug monitoring, genetic/genomic, women’s health and pathology testing services.