Step One: Pare Down for 2021
- Narrow your products/services – Determine what will make you money and serve your customers best. Perhaps shed the rest.
- Maximize effort in creating that product/service – People, materials, processes to getting that to market is all that matters.Are there ways to limit this and still produce the best product/service?
- Market to an audience that is your top demographic – Who will be certain to spend? How can you target a group that needs you most? What help can you engage to ensure success?
Step Two: Go with Your Gut!
- Analyze what made you a success in the first place – What do clients buy most? What do the people around you say is your greatest company success? What is most profitable? What do you an your staff enjoy? Forget the rest for 2021.
- Focus your efforts on that success – How can you optimize production of it? How can you market it? Keep it simple and stay on point. How can you ease efforts around it? Pick one success and run with it for 2021.
- Market ONE message only for 2021 – Think about your messaging for THIS year. What will your best customer want to know about your product/service? How will it solve your customers’ problems or satisfy them? What will give them such a feeling that they cannot live without it this year?
Step Three: Take Action and Be Flexible
- Embracing change gives us possibility – Albeit hard, a belief in this notion means your energy will be directed in a way that can help you. It frees you from the fight, to a degree, and can open doors.
- Be open to new ideas – Despite going with your gut and your success prioritizing your efforts, remain open to disruption and change. Ask yourself, “Can this work for me and not against me?” And look around you at what your competitors are doing. Does what you see make sense for you?
- Make outreach to clientele your priority – How can you get to more prospects in this new world? Embracing flexibility will relieve the fear and empower you to communicate more freely and honestly. Where is the low hanging fruit and how can you get your share? Be ready to pivot and make bold decisions if necessary.