It’s no secret that the events of 2020 have drastically impacted small businesses in many aspects. Yet, at the same time, there are businesses that have adapted despite the challenges of social distancing, stay-at-home orders, and overall customer uncertainty and unease. What did they do differently?
We invite you to join us for a webcast on January 21 to find out. Wells Fargo’s merchant services specialists will explain how COVID-19 changed payments behavior, and the opportunities it created for small businesses.
Four actions small businesses are taking to help them navigate today’s environment
You’ll receive a virtual link to join the webcast the morning of the event.
What we will cover:
- Stories from small business owners about how being quick to innovate and adopt new payment methods helped their businesses overcome economic challenges
- Opportunities to help grow your business by accepting contactless and digital payments
- Actions that may help you grow sales, reduce costs, and satisfy customers
- Maryam Enders, Treasury Merchant Sales Manager, Wells Fargo Merchant Services
- Isaac Dixon, Treasury Merchant Sales Manager, Wells Fargo Merchant Services