In its 12th year, The Greater Phoenix Chamber’s Valley Young Professional (VYP) program offers entrepreneurs, community leaders, and business professionals a chance to network, get involved in the community, and grow personally and professionally. The group is open to Valley-area professionals ages 25-39. It aims to create the next generation of Phoenix leaders by connecting and educating its members on issues impacting local businesses and communities.
“I’m extremely honored to serve as the 2022-2023 Vice Chair for the Greater Phoenix Chamber Valley Young Professionals Board alongside our Chair, TJ Mitchell, this year,” said Stella O’Rourke, Director of Philanthropy & Special Events for the Arizona Coyotes. “I am excited to engage more young professionals in the incredible events and programs we have in store. We have an incredible Board comprised of Arizona’s most advanced young leaders, and this year will be an exciting time to get involved with the VYP.”
The VYP program provides experiences for its members to build lasting relationships, engage in professional development opportunities and become change-makers in their community. The monthly events connect young professionals with a valuable network to help them learn, grow, connect, and develop professionally. As a member of the VYP network, you have access to networking opportunities, educational programs, behind-the-scenes tours, and volunteer projects. New members can join at any time in the year. For young professionals currently employed by a Chamber member organization, VYP programming is an included benefit.
- Aug. 31, 2022, from 5 to 9 p.m. – Arizona Diamondbacks Game in a private suite (Free for members, $20 non-members) *currently on a waitlist
- Sept. 29, 2022, from 3 to 5 p.m. – Volunteering at Amanda Hope Rainbow (Free for members, optional $5 donation to cover supplies or $20 for non-members)
- Oct. 19, 2022, from 4 to 6:30 p.m. – Paint & Sip Mixer at Superstition Meadery Downtown ($30 member and $50 non-member)
The VYP Board oversees VYP programming, including identifying relevant content, impactful speakers, new event venues, and community partnerships.
2022-2023 Valley Young Professionals Board of Directors:
- Veronica Aguilar, Teach for America
- Sarah Amaral, American Lung Association
- Eric Bottolfsen, Goldbook Financial, Immediate Past Chair
- Danny De Hoog, Maricopa County
- Brittany Dugan, Intel
- Jill Foley, Four Leaf Financial & Accounting
- Chad Guzman, EPCOR
- Shon Mack, Salt River Project
- T.J. Mitchell, Jennings Haug Keleher McLeod, Board Chair
- Lindsay Moellenberndt, Fennemore
- Stella O’Rourke, Arizona Coyotes, Board Vice Chair
- Murphy Raine, Translational Genomics Research Institute (TGen)
- Kimberly Roland, Better Business Bureau
- Marina Sandoval, Valleywise Health Foundation
- Amy Scoville-Weaver, The Sustainability Consortium
If your employer is not a Chamber member, you can become a member of the VYP program for $100 per year. Complete the membership application found on the VYP webpage and send it to Ashley Caronna at firstname.lastname@example.org . If you are unsure of your employer’s membership status, Chamber staff can verify for you.
Representing 2,400 businesses across the Greater Phoenix region, the Greater Phoenix Chamber promotes regional prosperity by serving as a catalyst for economic vitality and strong communities. The Chamber pursues this mission by collaborating with business, political and community leaders to grow the regional talent pool, create a regional approach to economic development, and drive a pro-Arizona agenda.