Honoring the West Valley’s best, WESTMARC has selected the finalists for its Annual Best of the West Awards Dinner. There are four categories that will be recognized: Economic Engine, Excellence in Innovation, Quality of Life Enhancement in the Community and Quality of Life Enhancement in Education.
We’re excited to announce our finalists in each award category!
- Economic Engine: Desert Microsoft and Avondale Health Tech Corridor
- Excellence in Innovation: Ottawa University and Peoria Autonomous Shuttle (Robo Ride)
- Quality of Life Enhancement in the Community: Verizon Wireless and White Tank Mountain Conservancy Connectivity Initiative
- Quality of Life Enhancement in Education: Abrazo Healthcare Residency Program and West Point High School
WESTMARC recognizes individuals and projects that inspire leadership and advances the West Valley. This year the WESTMARC Board of Directors will recognize:
- City of Buckeye Mayor Jackie Meck – Inspiration in Leadership Award
- West-MEC, Western Maricopa Education Center – Regional Advancement Award
- Bobbi Magdaleno, Arizona State University – President’s Choice Award
“The Best of the West Awards recognize outstanding contributions to the image, lifestyle, and economy in the West Valley,” said Sintra Hoffman, WESTMARC President and CEO. “WESTMARC is proud to honor these outstanding individuals and organizations making a great impact in the West Valley.”
As we celebrate WESTMARC’s 30th Anniversary, we’re excited to bring this unique event to the region in a safe manner that prioritize the health and well-being of our attendees. We will be implementing all CDC recommended COVID-19 guidelines and actively monitoring compliance. Your safety is paramount and we want to ensure a responsible and entertaining evening for all!
The 28th Annual Best of the West Awards Dinner will be taking place on Thursday, October 22, 2020 from 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm at Phoenix Raceway with both in-person and virtual options available.
Sponsorship opportunities are available as well as individual and table rates. Please visit www.westmarc.org/bow2020 for additional information.
WESTMARC—the Western Maricopa Coalition—is a public-private partnership of the 15 communities, the business community and the educational sector in the West Valley. WESTMARC is committed to our members’ success and to our mission of enhancing economic development and promoting quality of life in the West Valley.