In Business Magazine is, once again, bringing together top local women of achievement to share their stories and inspire Valley business leaders at the annual Women of Achievement event on Friday, October 7, 2022, in an inspiring in-person luncheon event. Fifteen Valley Women of Achievement are being celebrated for their achievements and service to our community.
In Business Magazine’s editorial group announces today these dedicated leaders based on their business success, connection and service to our community, and their impact on our economy. The following is a list of the 2022 Women of Achievement:
- Mary Jane Rynd, President & CEO, Virginia G. Piper Charitable Trust – Lifetime Honoree
- Rachel Aja, Southwest Director of Government Affairs, Cox Communications
- Kathleen Duffy, President & CEO, Duffy Group, Inc.
- Patricia Garcia Duarte, Executive Vice President, Homeownership Initiatives, Chicanos Por La Causa
- Debbie Esparza, CEO, YWCA Metropolitan Phoenix
- Jackie Halleen, President, Goodwill of Central and Northern Arizona
- Sheila Kloefkorn, President & CEO, KEO Marketing Inc.
- Jordan R. Rose, Founder & President, Rose Law Group PC
- Kim Ryder, President, Thrive Real Estate Group and Thrive Development Group
- Marsha Petrie Sue, President & CEO, Communicating Results, Inc.
- Leanna Taylor, CEO, The Arizona Pet Project
- Cathleen Walker, Regional President, Phoenix/Northern Arizona, PNC Bank
- Dionne Xavier Washington, Co-Founder & Executive Director, Project Roots AZ
- Christine Wilkinson, Senior Vice President & Secretary of the University, President & CEO of the Alumni Association, Arizona State University
- Susan M. Wissink, Director, Fennemore Craig, P.C.
Each of the Women of Achievement will be featured in the September 2022 issue of In Business Magazine, noting their honors and profile for success. In addition, each will be honored at an in-person luncheon event on Oct. 7, 2022. A few of this year’s Women of Achievement will be asked to tell their story of achievement in a TED Talk-style presentation meant to truly inspire guests.
This year’s Linda M. Herold Lifetime Achievement Honoree is Mary Jane Rynd. She is the president and CEO of Virginia G. Piper Charitable Trust, which recently injected more than $123 million into Maricopa County through surprise grants to 71 nonprofit organizations that have demonstrated great impact and sustainability.
In Business Magazine will launch its new half-hour TV show, airing on WTSM, at the event with an inspiring trailer. “In Business Weekly” will be a three-segment, TMZ newsroom-style show that will discuss one or two important business topics with three of the Valley’s top businesspeople and culminate with a “wild card” segment that will help us get to know top companies locally through the interests of that episode’s guests.
The Women of Achievement 2022 in-person event will take place Oct. 7, 2022, at The Omni Montelucia Scottsdale Resort. Individual tickets are $125. Attendees will be required to register as there is limited public seating available. Sponsorships and tickets to the event are available here.