Arizona Thrives announces it has formed the Arizona Thrives Alliance Leadership Council with 17 business, government and industry leaders to provide a shared leadership platform and a collaborative strategic approach to transition the state’s economy from carbon-based fuels to clean energy.
As the Alliance Leadership Council takes shape, Arizona Thrives Founder and Interim Director Pat Graham will move into the role of strategic advisor to address these urgent challenges in a way that works for all Arizonans.
The collective goal of Arizona Thrives, a collaborative statewide alliance, is to grow the economy in way that reduces emission contributing to unhealthy ozone pollution and thick blanket of carbon overheating the planet. More than 60 landmark companies and organizations have already joined the Arizona Thrives Alliance.
Alliance Leadership Council members were selected to represent a cross-section of industries, companies and organizations that have demonstrated a commitment to clean energy and willingness to advance goals, outreach and engagement within their respective sectors.
“Shared leadership is needed to create the future we want for Arizona: more high-wage jobs, improved air quality, improved livability of communities, increased water security, and sustained agriculture and energy independence,” said Heidi Kimball, Senior Vice President, Sunbelt Holdings and member of the Arizona Thrives Alliance Leadership Council.
The Arizona Thrives Alliance Leadership Council includes:
- Willa Altman-Kaough, Policy Advisor, Office of the Mayor, City of Phoenix
- Erik Bakken, Vice President, System Operations and Energy Resources, Tucson Electric Power
- Kelly Barr, Assoc. General Manager & Chief Strategy, Corporate Services & Sustainability Executive, Salt River Project
- Greg Bernosky, Director, Strategy Integration and Implementation, Arizona Public Service
- Christine Bracamonte Wiggs, Staff Vice President, Community & Health Advancement
- Diane Brown, Executive Director, Arizona PIRG Education Fund
- Gary Dirks, Senior Director, Julie Ann Wrigley Global Futures Laboratory and LightWorks®, Arizona State University
- Alexander Dunn, Vice President, Operations, Hensley Beverage Company
- Max Gonzales, Executive Vice President, Strategy & Relationship Management, Chicanos Por La Causa
- Heidi Kimball, Senior Vice President, Sunbelt Holdings
- Kathleen Lee, Senior Vice President, Regional Initiatives, Greater Phoenix Economic Council
- Stephanie Healy, Director of Public Affairs, Southwest Region, Cox Enterprises
- Michael Peel, Statewide Sustainability Director, Local First Arizona
- Timothy Rooney, Chief Executive Officer, Bard Valley Date Growers Association & Datepac, LLC.
- Brian Sherman, Chief Innovation Officer, Arizona Commerce Authority
- Parikhit Sinha, Senior Scientist, Sustainability Research, First Solar, Inc.
- Ellen Zuckerman, Utility Program Co-Director, Southwest Energy Efficiency Project
Working together, Arizona can attract more high-wage jobs, improve air quality, reduce the impact of heat to improve the livability of communities, increase water security, protect Arizona’s natural beauty, and sustain agriculture and energy independence.
Arizona Thrives was incubated by The Nature Conservancy in Arizona to create a collaborative solution focused approach to reducing harmful emissions that threaten human health, Arizona’s economy and Arizona’s important lands and waters.
Arizona Thrives’ initial focus is on “how we power our economy,” “how we move” and “where we live and work.” We believe the most powerful solutions will address a combination of these elements. As an alliance, our collective goal is to meet or exceed the Clean Air Act quality standards and create a path forward to reduce carbon emissions.
Speak Your Mind
You must be logged in to post a comment.