Protravel International, headquartered in New York City and with a location in Scottsdale, announced that in a collective effort – in tandem with a philanthropic initiative called the “Day of Giving” organized by its parent company – its nearly 1,000 agents and employees came to the aid of local food banks by contributing 5,014 pounds of needed food items, volunteering 200 hours and raising over $5,200 in donations companywide. Last month, the agency exceeded its 2014 participation and donation efforts, as all of its 18 offices in the United States – as well as its London office in the United Kingdom – joined in Travel Leaders Group’s effort to help end hunger wherever its employees live and work from coast to coast.
“Since hunger is a universal issue, everyone at Protravel was eager to help, especially since the initiative helped us appreciate how depleted food banks are during the summer months,” said Patrick Fragale, president of Protravel International. “With our highest participation yet in each Protravel office, our employees and agents selflessly volunteered 200 hours of their time, generously donated 5,052 food items weighing over two tons, and offered financial support to our local food banks.”
Lending support to many humanitarian efforts and giving back to the community has always been an essential part of Protravel International’s culture. As part of its 2015 Day of Giving, Protravel agents and employees committed to support food relief and community centers coast to coast, including:
- Protravel in Scottsdale, AZ – Vista del Camino Food Bank of Scottsdale
- Protravel in Manhattan, NY – New York Common Pantry
- Protravel in Ada, MI – Kid’s Food Basket
- Protravel in Beverly Hills, CA – Los Angeles Regional Food Bank
- Protravel in Boca Raton, FL – Boca Helping Hands
- Protravel in Boston, MA – Newton Food Pantry
- Protravel in Chicago, IL – Chicago Food Depository
- Protravel in Doral, FL – Feeding South Florida
- Protravel in Encino, CA – San Fernando Valley Rescue Mission
- Protravel in Harrison, NY – Harrison Food Pantry
- Protravel in Miami, FL – South Miami Child Development Center
- Protravel in Needham, MA – Newton Food Pantry
- Protravel in Palm Desert, CA – Coachella Valley Rescue Mission
- Protravel in Pasadena, CA – Help End Hunger – Feed SoCal
- Protravel in Roseland, NJ – Caldwell Food Pantry
- Protravel in San Diego, CA – Interfaith Crisis – Escondido
- Protravel in Syosset, NY – Long Island Cares
- Protravel in Woodmere, NY – Jewish Community Center Greater Five Towns
Protravel International’s participation contributed to the concerted effort of the Travel Leaders Group Day of Giving on July 9, 2015, which ultimately collected more than 12,320 food items weighing approximately 12,365 pounds – nearly 6.18 tons. Approximately 340 Travel Leaders Group employees and travel agents volunteered 899 hours with local food banks in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom and Uruguay.
Protravel International LLC is a Travel Leaders Group company. Founded in 1984, Protravel International LLC is a full-service, dynamic travel company with an award-winning reputation. With annual sales reaching close to $1 billion, Protravel is headquartered in New York City and supports 20 locations throughout the United States and the United Kingdom, plus a network of hosted agents in all corners of the U.S. Today, approximately 1,000 people make up the Protravel organization. Our expertise in destination, international faring and competitive products – coupled with our superior network of contacts in the airline, hotel, cruise and hospitality industry – makes Protravel one of the most powerful selling forces in the travel industry.
Speak Your Mind
You must be logged in to post a comment.