The nominations are in! Paying tribute to the Greater Phoenix Metro’s West Valley’s best, an independent panel of judges have selected finalists for WESTMARC’s annual Best of the West Awards Dinner. Four peer-nominated categories will be recognized: Excellence in Innovation, Economic Engine, Quality of Life Enhancement – Education, and Quality of Life Enhancement – Community.
The 30th Annual Best of the West Awards Dinner will be taking place on Thursday, October 27, 2022, from 5:30 pm to 9:00 pm at the State Farm Stadium.
WESTMARC received over 35 competitive nominations. Below are the finalists in each category.
- Excellence in Innovation: EPCOR and City of Peoria Police Department – Glendale Community College\West Valley Law Enforcement Training Academy
- Economic Engine: City of Buckeye – Buckeye Rail Corridor and City of Goodyear – Goodyear Civic Square
- Quality of Life – Education: Northern Arizona State University Littleton School Elementary District/Tolleson School District – Grow Your Own (teachers) and United Aviate Academy
- Quality of Life – Community: Mission of Mercy and West Valley Mavericks
In addition, there are also two WESTMARC Board of Directors nominated awards: Regional Advancement and Inspiration in Leadership. The winners of these awards are:
- Regional Advancement: Central Arizona Project
- Inspiration in Leadership: Dr. Kathleen Geoppinger, President – Midwestern University
“This is my favorite event and time of year because our region recognizes the great projects and people that make the West Valley the best valley!” says Sintra Hoffman, President and CEO. “In addition to the great lineup of finalists and winners, I also have the privilege of recognizing State Representatives Joanne Osborne and Lorenzo Sierra with this year’s President’s Award for their tireless contributions to improving the West Valley.”
Sponsorship opportunities are available as well as individual and table rates here.