The 29th Annual Best of the West Awards Dinner took place on Thursday, October 21, 2021, at State Farm Stadium honoring the West Valley’s best leaders, investments, and programs. WESTMARC recognized finalists in the categories of Economic Engine, Excellence in Innovation, Quality of Life Enhancement in the Community and Quality of Life Enhancement in Education.
Today, we’re excited to announce our winners in each award category!
- Economic Engine: FLITE Goodyear
- Excellence in Innovation: ASU J. Orin Edson Entrepreneurship + Innovation Institute, Peoria Forward
- Quality of Life Enhancement in the Community: Peoria Community Arts Project
- Quality of Life Enhancement in Education: West-MEC, Southwest Campus
Additionally, the WESTMARC Board of Directors recognized individuals and projects that inspire leadership and advances the West Valley. This year the WESTMARC Board of Directors honored:
- City of Goodyear, Mayor Georgia Lord – Inspiration in Leadership Award
- Grand Canyon University – Regional Advancement Award
- Karla Moran, SRP – President’s Choice Award
“We received 24 nominations for 4 categories this year! This is definite indication that the West Valley’s economy is still growing and expanding with quality investments,” said Sintra Hoffman, WESTMARC President and CEO. “WESTMARC is proud to honor these outstanding individuals and organizations making a great impact in the West Valley.”
“Mayor Lord is such an inspiration and has been a champion for not only Goodyear, but the entire West Valley,” said WESTMARC board chair, Neil Terry. “Her keen business sense has brought so much success to our region, and she truly loves and cares about her city. She is a proven leader and an amazing person.”
WESTMARC—the Western Maricopa Coalition—is a public-private partnership of the 15 communities, the business community, and the educational sector in the West Valley. WESTMARC is committed to our members’ success and to our mission of enhancing economic development and promoting quality of life in the West Valley.