The Tempe Chamber has implemented a program for new members known as the Chamber Kickstart. Understanding why a member joined the Chamber and what their expectations are is key to helping them utilize all the benefits the Chamber has to offer. Sitting down with new members and fully understanding their business model and their vision helps our team steer them in the right direction. If needed, we will team them up with one of our existing longtime members, most likely a member of the Ambassador Committee. This will give the new member a different insight and perspective on how to utilize the Chamber to grow and expand their outreach.
- Matching: New or Prospective member is partnered with an Ambassador who has the ability to become a strong referral partner.
- On-Site Visit: Ambassador coordinates with Director of Member Relations and new/prospective member, scheduling an on-site visit of the business or in the Tempe Chamber conference room (if the business is not brick and mortar).
- Goals/Opportunities Assessment: During the on-site meeting, the goals, needs and opportunities are assessed and addressed, including available time to participate, marketing opportunities, on-line profile login, and committee involvement.
- Phase 1 Scheduling: Ambassador and new/perospective member attend the following Chamber events to begin engagement:
- Ribbon cutting
- Committee meeting
- Networking mixer
- Leads group
- Signature event (only available for new members/FREE entry for one)
Phase 2 Scheduling: Ambassador and new member will meet a second time to assess and schedule a ribbon cutting to welcome the new member to the Chamber and if there is an opportunity for the new member to host an upcoming Chamber event.
For more information about getting involved with the Ambassador Committee, please visit tempechamber.org or call 480.967.7891.
Courtney McIntyre is Membership Engagement officer of the Tempe Chamber of Commerce.
Speak Your Mind
You must be logged in to post a comment.