As the Tempe Chamber ends its fiscal year, it is pleased to announce that five new individuals will be joining the board of directors, starting their terms July 1, 2020.
- Jenifer Midgett, Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital
- John Bauer, Dignity Health
- Josh Diker, Wells Fargo
- Tom Binge, Renaissance Financial
- Sarah Clifford, Davis Miles McGuire Gardner, PLLC
- Rustyn Sherer, APS
- Chad Akin will serve as the Board Chair for the 2020-21 fiscal year.
Chad Akin, 2020-21 Tempe Chamber Board Chair
Chad Akin, director of Labs at State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company, has served on the Tempe Chamber Board of Directors since 2017 and most recently has joined the Tempe Community Action Agency Board of Directors.
Prior to moving to Arizona, Chad served on the boards of directors for various organizations, such as the Winter Haven Chamber of Commerce, Polk County Red Cross and American Cancer Society of Polk County.
In Chad’s free time, he and his wife, Jae Lynn, like to spend time with their two daughters and enjoy playing a round or two of golf. And, when the “winter cold” isn’t cold enough in the Valley, Chad and his family enjoy traveling north for the weekend to snow ski.
Additional volunteer committee chair leadership positions include:
- Tom Binge, Ambassador Committee
- Tracy Bullock, Business Development Council
- Brian Stinson, Business Owners Forum
- Jake Hutchins, FUEL Young Professionals Committee
- Peter Adams, Government Relations and Transportation Committee
- Bobby Zavala, Military Affairs Committee
- Anthony Contente-Cuomo, Tempe Leadership Council
- Jennifer Burwell, Women in Business Council