Grand Canyon Scenic Airlines is ready for takeoff and is accepting reservations for Grand Canyon flights starting this Monday, June 22. In preparation for the grand reopening, new health and safety policies have been put in place, which include temperature checks, recommended social distancing, required face coverings, and extensive cleaning procedures.
For guests looking for a more exclusive option, Grand Canyon Scenic Airlines offers ‘Family & Friends’ flights for a private tour experience. Soar to new heights as you encounter spectacular sightseeing destinations with your immediate travel companions.
To celebrate, the airline is extending a limited time 20-percent discount on the Highlights Air Tour, which departs from the Las Vegas/Boulder Terminal. The discount will apply for bookings made now through Sunday, July 5, for travel from July 1 to Dec. 31, 2020. Take the scenic route to Grand Canyon West as you fly over the Mojave Desert, Hoover Dam, and Lake Mead. Discover remarkable aerial views of Grand Canyon West and the Colorado River before returning to your hotel – a perfect way to spend an afternoon.
Discount will be applied at check out. To book a reservation or for more information, visit https://www.scenic.com/grand-reopening.
NEW HEALTH AND SAFETY PROTOCOLS
To ensure the safest experience possible for guests, employees and pilots, Grand Canyon Scenic Airlines has implemented enhanced cleaning procedures and sanitization for aircraft, transportation shuttles and terminals. Health safety efforts exceed the latest guidance from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the World Health Organization and local government agencies and include the following procedures:
- All guests will be screened for mandatory temperature checks upon arriving at the terminal and prior to entering shuttles at pickup locations. They also must wear masks; they may either provide their own mask or complimentary masks will be available on-site for those who do not have one.
- All employees and flight crews will wear masks; each employee has undergone extensive training on COVID-19 safety and sanitization protocols.
- Every morning and evening and before and after each flight or shuttle pickup or drop-off, ground transportation and aircraft will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitized using EPA-approved, hospital-grade disinfectant. Extra care will be taken to thoroughly disinfect high-touch surfaces including seating, headsets, and seatbelts.
- Ample time to thoroughly sanitize and clean cabins between flights will be provided. All aircraft are equipped with pre-packaged cleaning supplies to maintain the required standards during the flight. Kits will include gloves, disinfectant, and cleaning wipes.
- Multiple hand sanitizing stations are accessible inside the terminals.
- The staff will enforce social distancing practices in common areas and mark queue lines with six feet of distance as recommended by the CDC.
- Employees will practice contactless introductions during all interactions with guests.
- High contact surfaces within our terminals and aircraft, including lobby areas, check-in counters, restrooms, seating, headsets, and seat belts will be cleaned and sanitized continuously throughout the day by trained staff.
- For tours that include food or beverage service, these will be limited to packaged items and distributed by employees with gloves and appropriate protective equipment.
With nearly 100 years of experience, Grand Canyon Scenic Airlines (GCSA) is the world’s first aviation tour company and today is the largest aerial tour operator with more than 20 fixed-wing airplanes, specifically designed to reveal panoramic views beyond imagination. Flying an average of 300,000 passengers annually, GCSA tours include the world’s most photographed and sought-after locations such as Grand Canyon, Page, Arizona/Lake Powell, and Hoover Dam. Narrations for most tours are available in multiple languages.